The Mermaid is a film that tells the story of a playboy businessman (Deng Chao) who falls in love with a mermaid, Shan (Lin Yun) who was sent to assassinate him. Upon release, this film broke numerous box office records and it will premiere exclusively on CELESTIAL MOVIES (ASTRO Channel 322) on Sunday 2 October at 9pm!
5 things you should know about this show:
1. The Man Behind the film
- It is a 2016 Chinese-Hong Kong science-fiction, fantasy, and romantic comedy that was directed, co-written, and co-produced by Stephen Chow. This is his tenth directorial effort.
2. Popularity of the film
- The Mermaid was ranked as the No.1 Chinese movie with box office earnings of $7,025,381 in Malaysia and was also the highest-grossing film of all time in China!
3. Inspiration of the film
- Stephen Chow was inspired by Hans Christian Andersen's fairy tale of "The Little Mermaid" to produce this film and wanted make it a modern interpretation of the story. Another inspiration came from his childhood, where he lived by the sea and always wondered what life was like under the sea.
4. What Happened Behind-the-Scenes
- Deng Chao and Lin Yun ended up eating a total of 150 roasted chickens during a multiple takes of an eating scene just to ensure they got the best quality shot.
5. Moral of the story
- Liu Xuan’s development project had a direct impact on the mermaid people, killing many of them and he only managed to save Shan by sending her back to the ocean so she could escape from this. Learning from his mistakes, Xuan set up a scholarship for research on environmental protection.
If you would like to watch The Mermaid all over again, please tune in to CELESTIAL MOVIES (ASTRO Channel 322) on Sunday 2 October at 9pm to catch this billion-dollar Chinese blockbuster!
The Mermaid fever continues with this simple Share-and-Win Contest! Simply share the visual below in your social media and hashtag #Ilikecm #TheMermaid to win some exclusive Celestial Movies merchandise consisting of a tote Bag, selfie LED flashlight, erasable note pad,umbrella and RM50 Neway CashVoucher!
For more details about Celestial Movies, click on to https://www.facebook.com/Ilikecm/.
Terms & conditions apply:
· Only applicable for Malaysians and/or those who reside in Malaysia
· Contest closes on 2 October 2016
· Participant’s details must be provided (name and email), please comment below this blog.
· Judges decision is final and no correspondence will be entertained
· Winners will be contacted for prize collection
· Total 1 winner will be selected
Proposed prizes for winners:
Winner will get 1x RM50 Neway Voucher + CM Brand Campaign merchandise each(Tote Bag,Selfie LED Flashlight, Erasable Note Pad and Umbrella)